Are you ready to explore tattoo removal options? If you have a tattoo that you no longer want, there are options for removal. Dr. Katherine Chiang is a top dermatologist at Precision Medical Specialists that offers advanced Pico laser treatments for tattoo removal at our medical center in Wellington, FL.
|PIco Laser at Precision||Q-switch Laser||Nd-Yag Laser|
|All ink colors||Black/Blue ink only||Black/Blue ink only|
|All skin types||Only Causcasian skin||Only Caucasian skin|
|Photo-acoustic energy shatters the ink||Heat energy shatters the ink||Heat energy shatters the ink|
|No downtime||7 days downtime||7 days of downtime|
|Usually 3-6 treatments||Usually 12-15 treatments||Usually 12-15 treatments|
|Clears tattoos in a few months||Clears tattoos in a few years||Clears tattoos in a few years|
|Minimal risk of hypopigmentation||High risk of skin discoloration||High risk of skin discoloration|
|No anesthesia required (but we offer it for a painless experience)||Anesthesia required||Anesthesia required|
|Can treat after previously failed treatments with other lasers||No||Yes|
What Is the Pico Tattoo Removal Laser?
The Pico laser is the gold-standard in laser tattoo removal because it can remove tattoos faster and more efficiently than other lasers on the market. It works by using photo-acoustic energy that sends a pulsed shock wave to tattoo pigments, breaking them up into little pieces. There is little to no heat generated in that process. If your tattoo were a rock, the Pico laser would be shattering the rock into sand. Older lasers like the Q-switch laser would be shattering the rock into larger pieces like pebbles. Because the Pico laser can break the tattoo pigment into sand instead of pebbles, it is able to remove the tattoo faster. This means less treatments, better results, less discomfort and less cost for you.
What Are the Benefits of Pico Laser Tattoo Removal?
Q-switch and Nd-Yag lasers both can be used for tattoo removal, but neither has the versatility of the Pico laser for tattoo removal. Neither of these others can be used on all skin types and both require downtime after treatments. Some of the many benefits of the Pico laser for tattoo removal include:
- Safe on all skin types
- Treat all ink colors
- Minimal discomfort – no anesthesia needed, but available if requested
- Extremely fast – only 4-6 treatments on average
- No downtime
- Tattoos are cleared in just a few months – other lasers can take years
If you want a safer, faster option for tattoo removal, the Pico laser is an excellent option. Dr. Chiang and our medical team at Precision Medical Specialists have invested in the most advanced medical technology for our patients, including our laser therapy equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pico Laser Tattoo Removal
Are you interested in Pico laser tattoo removal at Precision Medical Specialists but want to learn more about this procedure? Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about tattoo removal with Pico laser treatments.
- How many treatments do I need?
- The number of treatments depends on the intensity of the pigment, the colors and the size of your tattoo. With the Pico laser, the average tattoo is usually 80-90% cleared in 4-6 treatments. Older lasers like Q-switch and Nd-Yag usually result in 50% clearance and will take as many as 20 treatments.
- Am I going to be left with a hypopigmented spot where my tattoo was?
- The near absence of heat in Pico laser technology means that there is little risk of hypopigmentation that is more commonly seen in other older tattoo lasers like Q-switch or Nd-Yag.
- Is the treatment painful? What painless techniques does Precision Medical offer?
- There are a few methods we use to achieve a very comfortable laser tattoo removal experience.
- Option 1: topical medication -We use a topical numbing cream that is applied to the skin for about 30 minutes. The cream is a specially formulated numbing cream that consists of 3 different ingredients. This cream works by blocking the local pain signals. This method is very common and the preferred method for treatment of very small to small tattoos.
- Option 2: injectable medication – We inject numbing medication under the skin and wait for about 15 minutes. This method is usually reserved for large tattoos.
- How long does the procedure take?
- Every treatment usually takes about 5-15 minutes, depending on the size of the tattoo. If numbing is chosen, that is usually done prior to the procedure time.
- Can people with dark/olive/golden skin colors get this treatment?
- Yes! The Pico laser is FDA-cleared for tattoo removal in ALL skin types.
- How much does the Pico laser cost?
- We typically charge about $200-$300 per session. Come see us for a free consultation!
If you are interested in tattoo removal, contact us at Precision Medical Specialists. We are usually running specials and have transparent self-pay pricing for our dermatology services. We serve West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Delray Beach and Boynton Beach from our medical center in Wellington, FL. Call today to schedule your tattoo removal consultation with Dr. Chiang.